Case description, description of suture pattern and technique, and video demonstrating technique in vivo, follow-up endoscopy, and conclusions.
Abbreviations:OTS (over the scope), TTS (through the scope)
- https://www.videogie.org/cms/asset/15c3db31-efc3-411b-a917-5db023638bbc/mmc1.mp4Loading ...
- Fully-covered esophageal stent migration rates in benign and malignant disease: a multicenter retrospective study.Endosc Int Open. 2019; 7: E751-E756
- Esophageal stent migration can lead to intestinal obstruction.N Am J Med Sci. 2009; 1: 63-65
- Small bowel perforation secondary to esophageal stent migration: a comparative review of six cases.Cureus. 2018; 10: e3455
- Safety of endoscopic removal of self-expandable stents after treatment of benign esophageal diseases.Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 77: 18-28
- Esophageal stenting for benign and malignant disease: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) Guideline - Update 2021.Endoscopy. 2021; 53: 751-762
- Use of a fully covered self-expandable metal stent for the treatment of benign esophageal diseases.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 72: 712-720
- The role of clips in preventing migration of fully covered metallic esophageal stents: a pilot comparative study.Surg Endosc. 2012; 26: 53-59
- Fixation of a modified covered esophageal stent: its clinical usefulness for preventing stent migration.Endoscopy. 2001; 33: 843-848
- Esophageal covered stent fixation using an endoscopic over-the-scope clip. Mechanical proof of the concept and first clinical experience.Surg Endosc. 2015; 29: 3367-3372
- Endoscopic suture fixation of gastrointestinal stents: proof of biomechanical principles and early clinical experience.Endoscopy. 2012; 44: 1121-1126
- Step-by-step instruction: using an endoscopic tack and suture device for gastrointestinal defect closure.VideoGIE. 2021; 6: 243-245
- Initial multicenter experience using a novel endoscopic tack and suture system for challenging GI defect closure and stent fixation (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2022; 95: 373-382
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Trasolini at [email protected] .
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy